Frequently Asked Questions
Click one of the questions below to jump to a specific answer.
- What is BAMM.tv?
- What makes BAMM.tv’s service different from other music platforms currently on the market?
- How does BAMM.tv’s business work?
- How does BAMM.tv benefit musicians?
- How does BAMM.tv benefit service providers?
- Who are BAMM.tv’s distribution partners?
- When will BAMM.tv be available in my market?
- How can I submit myself/my band to be considered by BAMM.tv?
- How will BAMM.tv work with my label on licensing?
- What are the parameters of creativity when creating music videos?
- Will BAMM only film within the content creation factory or are they willing to film anywhere?
- How long does the editing process take and how much involvement do we have?
- How much time from the final edit until our video is available publicly?
- How can people share videos seen on Bamm.tv (ie email, Facebook, Twitter, etc)?
- Can I submit my own content to Bamm.tv’s website?
What is BAMM.tv?
BAMM.tv is a new kind of music company that connects emerging artists, entertainment service providers and audiences worldwide. Through an extensive global content distribution network, the company delivers fresh music video content from hot new artists to the web, mobile devices and television. BAMM.tv gives device makers and service providers a highly differentiated music offering without the hassle and high cost of traditional music licensing, while giving artists absolutely free HD music video content creation, an instant global audience, and 50 percent of the net profits from the music video distribution agreements.
What makes BAMM.tv’s service different from other music platforms currently on the market?
- Slick HD video content: None of the most popular streaming music services available on the market today feature HD music videos. Yet, as tablets and connected TVs enter the marketplace, demand for HD video will steadily increase. An audio-only service simply cannot compete with the power and reach of BAMM.tv’s high quality content and frictionless global distribution network.
- Fresh, original music: In an era of auto-tune and manufactured Top 40 music, the bands featured on BAMM.tv are refreshingly authentic and engaging in their live performance.
- Global community: Ever wonder why you can’t play your music while traveling abroad? So do we! BAMM.tv content can be played without restriction on any device, anywhere in the world.
- Customization: BAMM.tv allows users to mash-up and remix their favorite BAMM.tv music, build their own personal library collection, and even share their creations with friends via an array of social networks.
- Reliable delivery to any device: Variable bitrate video streaming and audio- only options ensure that BAMM.tv content can be reliably delivered to 4G, 3G and 2G mobile networks.
- Localized applications and programming: With sales and program development teams in North America, Europe, and Asia, BAMM.tv’s global distribution strategy allows consumers to experience, share, and purchase content in ways most familiar to their specific region. Whether this means producing Chinese language programming for Chunghwa Telecom in Taiwan, or creating Spanish language programming that targets mobile subscribers in Latin America, BAMM.tv customizes the presentation of its content to maximize its impact.
How does BAMM.tv’s business work?
BAMM.tv curates, produces and distributes HD music video content of the best emerging bands. The process begins by recording and licensing performances in our San Francisco studio and at festivals around the world. The content is then edited by our expert staff and distributed directly to global partners, including Samsung, Chunghwa Telecom, Select-TV, MunduTV, and others. Created by musicians for musicians, BAMM.tv taps into global revenue streams and splits net profits 50/50 with the artist. The innovative end-to-end music content creation solution and global licensing approach creates brand new economic opportunities and incentives for the entire music ecosystem.
How does BAMM.tv benefit musicians?
- Free HD music video creation: Emerging artists chosen by BAMM.tv’s editorial staff are invited into the content creation studio to perform 5-10 songs, which are recorded and then edited by BAMM.tv’s video editing team at no cost and no risk to the artist. In addition, BAMM.tv also records music videos during live concert performances at select venues and music festivals around the world.
- An instant global audience: Once the videos are recorded and edited, they are then delivered to a worldwide distribution network. BAMM.tv currently maintains distribution agreements in over 150 countries, spanning the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America, reaching an estimated 20 million people.
- A bright line path to monetization while maintaining music rights: Unlike any other distributor, BAMM.tv shares net profits 50/50 with musicians. The artist also retains all of the copyrights, publishing, and all composition royalties associated with the underlying work. BAMM.tv simply gets a license to specific performances.
How does BAMM.tv benefit service providers?
- Slashes costs associated with traditional music licensing: BAMM.tv clears the hurdles of music licensing for its partners by creating and curating a fully restriction-free catalog of music from top emerging artists across all popular genres. This unique content creation model means a much greater revenue opportunity for service providers due to licensing fees being cut completely out of the pie.
- Frictionless distribution to a global audiences, on any screen: BAMM.tv developed a proprietary backend to drive content delivery to any device, anywhere in the world. While major labels are extremely restrictive of which jurisdictions and markets competing streaming music services may enter, BAMM’s global licensing agreement allows the flexibility needed to distribute the same music content in any market.
- Helps engage and retain loyal customers: BAMM.tv’s rapidly increasing catalog of exclusive original content satiates an increasing demand for fresh, immersive and interactive music experiences. Additionally, BAMM.tv can customize the content offering to target specific languages and cultures around the world.
- A diverse set of monetization options: BAMM.tv has invested in a streamlined content creation process and developed an open API to maximize compatibility with any device and offer gateways to targeted advertising, location-based features, and social graph interaction.
Who are BAMM.tv’s Distribution Partners?
- Samsung features the BAMM.tv HD music video application in the Samsung Apps strorefront.
- Chunghwa Telecom in Taiwan offers BAMM.tv video on demand for its premium cable subscribers.
- Selectv in Malaysia will distribute BAMM.tv music on demand to luxury hotels.
- MunduTV launched a BAMM.tv channel on its live streaming video network reaching 2G and 3G mobile users worldwide.
- FuugoTV in Finland will feature the BAMM.tv HD music video application on its platforms for broadcast, mobile, and IPTV throughout Europe.
Click here for more information on BAMM.tv’s partners.
When will BAMM.tv be available in my market?
BAMM.tv is continuing to expand its distribution partners and has a number of exciting opportunities in the pipeline. Contact email@example.com regarding any partnership inquiries.
How can I submit myself/my band to be considered by BAMM.tv?
We are always looking for great new music! Submit at www.bamm.tv/artists/submit. Please be patient. We are fielding a massive number of submissions and unfortunately cannot work with every band, however interesting the opportunity may be. Please note the submission guidelines carefully, as it will help expedite the process for everyone.
How will BAMM.tv work with my label on licensing?
We have worked with many artists signed to labels. We wrote our Artist Agreement with not only musicians, but also labels in mind, so the process and terms are the same for signed and unsigned acts. The artist and/or label retains all copyright, publishing, and other intellectual property rights to the music. BAMM.tv simply gets a license to that performance. We look at artists and labels as partners with whom we strive to maintain lucrative, equitable and long lasting relationships.
What are the parameters of creativity when creating music videos?
The final HD video product is the result of many layers of creativity that extends from pre-production to post in one continuous process. The decisions made regarding stage and lighting design influence the way in which a performance is shot which, in turn, changes the way it’s edited in post. We encourage all the members of our expert audio video team to experiment creatively, balanced by a rigorous editorial feedback process that challenges creative decisions and stimulates further development with each successive production.
Will BAMM only film within the content creation factory or are they willing to film anywhere?
We have filmed at festivals (South by Southwest, Photosynthesis, and Phono del Sol), venues, and even on a ranch in West Texas. We are mobile and can shoot anywhere we can get a generator, but our production studio in San Francisco is the best setting to for high-quality content. Our London-based subsidiary will be launching a series of recording showcases at Western European venues in 2012.
How long does the editing process take and how much involvement do we have?
In order to put out consistently impressive content, we must treat every project differently, so the editing process varies from project to project. We love collaborating with artists and always seek out their critique prior to completing a project.
How much time from the final edit until our video is available publicly?
Coordinating release with artists, their management, and the label is crucial to maximizing impact. Whenever possible, we release when most desirable to the artists (especially when they are promoting an album release, upcoming shows, or recent news), and we’re growing a network of blogs that oftentimes feature our releases. The goal is to cast the widest net in order to gain the most attention for the artists. What’s good for them is typically good for BAMM.tv.
How can people share videos seen on Bamm.tv (ie email, Facebook, Twitter, etc)?
All the typical avenues can be used to share BAMM.tv content--email, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on. Our free and clear content can be embedded anywhere by anyone. Share away, please!
Can I submit my own content to Bamm.tv’s website?
We currently only feature content produced by BAMM.tv. However, sharing your content is a great way for us to get a feel for your music and could potentially lead to a shoot of your own at no cost to you.